[ubuntu-uk] Computer restarts on shutdown

James Morrissey morrissey.james1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:13:30 UTC 2012

> What you could do is to patch 12.04 installation fully.
I don't think i know what this means.

> Then try to shut down from terminal
I'll try this as per Tyler's email

 If you are still under warranty and /or lenovo phone support is
> free/not expensive you could try calling them to see whether it is a known
> issue. You can could also manually check the lenovo website for updates.
> Is this problem new or has it been present for a while?

Strange thing here is that the problem does not exist under windows,
so i don't think the system is broken. That said, i had another
machine, exactly the same as this one, and the same problem occurred.
So i think its a hardware compatibility issue.

> Could you check whether it restarts instead of shutdown on both battery and
> main, some similarly if there are any programs that are running when you
> shutdown.
Having done this already, none of those things seems to make a
systematic difference.