[ubuntu-uk] Unity launcher ....

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 19:54:36 UTC 2012

It's policy. The decision was made after usability testing, where users got
confused when first maximising a window. "where's the launcher gone now?"
And because the option was being removed, the decision was also made to
remove the code to reduce the maintenance requirements.

Neil.

P.S. Sorry for the brevity and top-posting, this is typed on my phone.

On Mar 23, 2012 6:50 PM, "Barry Drake" <ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hi there ...   I used to like the way that the launcher used to slide
away when there was a window over it and re-appear when there wasn't.  Now
in Precise, we seem only to be able to have autohide or permanently in
place.   The Compiz configurator and MyUnity both seem to suggest that I
can configure settings that do the slide: they don't seem to do that.
 Anyone here know whether this is current policy on Unity or a bug?