[ubuntu-uk] Unity launcher ....

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Fri Mar 23 20:16:47 UTC 2012

On 23 March 2012 19:54, Neil Greenwood <neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's policy. The decision was made after usability testing, where users got
> confused when first maximising a window. "where's the launcher gone now?"
> And because the option was being removed, the decision was also made to
> remove the code to reduce the maintenance requirements.
<soap box>
Treating users as idiots is not a policy, it's a mistake.
As soon as I find a distribution worth installing everywhere, I'll be
switching. Mint doesn't cut the mustard. I'm a Kubuntu/Lubuntu user on
desktop and Ubuntu server  but I don't want to anymore, I don't want
to have anything with Ubuntu products.

I know the PR spin, "it's to make new users' life easy" yada yada
yada. But the new users don't discover Linux all by themselves, in
most cases someone shows them and I don't want to show and talk about
Ubuntu to anyone anymore.
</soap box>