[ubuntu-uk] Starting an IT workshop

Daniel Case danielcase10 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 23:24:14 UTC 2012

On 1 July 2012 00:58, Andres Muniz <andresmp at gmail.com> wrote:
>If you can't find out beforehand, then go for
>something basic but enjoyable: using the Internet in Ubuntu is a good
> one, emphasising its secure nature and lack of viruses.

I've done this before, a good demo of this that students seem to
particularly enjoy is finding a Windows virus, embedding it in a local
webpage then going to it in Linux and asking if there is anything
unusual... when the students say no, fire up a Windows VM and go to
the same place. Really drives the point home that Linux is more secure
and people may consider installing it more if they see it in action.

Daniel