[ubuntu-uk] Starting an IT workshop

Bea Groves beagroves at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 09:54:26 UTC 2012

Hi Andres!

I've taught adults for a long time (30 years) and there's a good rule:
start from where they're already at. So find out as much as you can
about what they already potentially know, and also what they'd like to
be able to do. Then plan to at least deal with the aspirations that are
practically achievable. If you can't find out beforehand, then go for
something basic but enjoyable: using the Internet in Ubuntu is a good
one, emphasising its secure nature and lack of viruses.

Get back to me if you need any help.

--
Beatrix E. Groves
BA Hons (Educ) LCGI MAPTT MIFL QTLS
Email:	beagroves at gmail.com
Email:  bea at beagroves.net
Web:  	http://www.beagroves.net
Blog:	http://beagroves.tumblr.com

Random Quote of the Day (chosen by my computer) ------------->

It is the eternal struggle between two principles - right and wrong -
throughout the world . . .  It is the same spirit that says, ‘you toil
and work and earn bread - and I’ll eat it.’  no matter in what shape it
comes, whether from the mouth of a king who seeks to bestride the people
of his own nation and live by the fruit of their labour, or from one
race of men as an apology for enslaving another race, it is the same
tyrannical principle!
-- Abraham Lincoln, from Lincoln-Douglas debates, 15 October 1858