[ubuntu-uk] Regional pages was Re: Ubuntu South west loco team page

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 27 21:59:21 UTC 2011

On 27/06/11 22:35, Tony Pursell wrote:

> But we are all ubuntu-uk members as well, aren't we?
I would hope so, yes
>   Well, at least, I
> am, and do contribute a little to the UK team.  Also ubuntu-cymru is a
> bit moribund and never got approved

The Welsh team does kind of have a separate identity, but is part of the
UK, much like it is in real life. In terms of Ubuntu, the particular
focus of the Welsh team is the Welsh language translation effort
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-cy and what should in theory be a
Welsh language IRC channel at #ubuntu-cym. It isn't going to be a
separate approved LoCo any time soon, if ever, and I have sent some UK
conference swag in their direction for an event and probably will do again.

Alan.

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at http://libertus.co.uk