[ubuntu-uk] Netbook Ubuntu v. plain Ubuntu

John MM scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:22:16 UTC 2011

On 08/02/11 11:51, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> Maybe that's a "feature" in 10.10. Tried asking on the Remix forum in
> Ubuntu forums?
> http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=376
I havent tried that yet, will try now.

> Have you tried taking the disk out, disconnecting, restarting,
> re-connecting after Ubuntu has come up and then inserting the disk?
> I have to say I have none of this with 10.04 Remix....it sees my
> external USB DVDRW drive every time...

Basically I tried everything I could think of, all that you have already
suggested. What is a bit concerning is I dont have right click on any of
the icons, I cant even right click on the desktop. So I'm wondering if
its a 10.10 problem. I thought it might have fixed itself with a clean
install, but nope.