[ubuntu-uk] Buying a computer suitable for Ubuntu

Barry Titterton barry.titterton at mail.adsl4less.com
Tue Aug 23 20:34:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 13:56 +0100, scoundrel50a wrote:
> Ok, will have a look at the pod entry, but if I dont get that one, like
> I said, I dont know anything about computers, the last one I chose a
> couple of months ago, doesnt work with Ubuntu 11.04, and from what I can
> see isnt going to work with that or anything after.....knowing my luck,
> that will never happen winning a computer.......
>
> So the reason I asked is that somebody who knows more, and somebody who
> can point me in the direction of one that will, or some that will, which
> will help me not to waste anymore money......just sending me to naked
> computers doesnt mean anything to me.......as I know you do have
> experiencve with quite a few different models of pc etc....
>
> thank you

Lenovo generally work well. I am very happy with my G550.
Linux Emporium offer a range of pre-installed laptops. There is a G560-1
for £336 which sounds like a good deal. The service and support from
Linux Emporium is very good as well.

http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/hardware/hardware-laptops.html

Barry T