[ubuntu-uk] Is grandr the best way to use digital projector?

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Sun Oct 31 11:51:44 GMT 2010

On 30/10/10 21:42, dianne reuby wrote:
> I've got an Open Office slide show on my laptop (running Ubuntu 10.10)
> and I want to use it with a digital projector. I've looked at grandr,
> but I can't find a lot of info - is this the best option? Or does it
> depend on my laptop specs and video card etc.?
>
> I could convert it to Windows format and use a windows laptop, but I'd
> have to remember to keep copying any updates over, and also remember
> which laptop I'd used!
>
> TIA
> Dianne

install the openoffice.org-presenter-console package

The Presenter Console for Impress is a feature that aids a presenter
during a
slide show. It provides information on a second screen, that typically
is not
visible to the audience. This includes

   * a view to the currently displayed slide (for when the presenter
faces the
     audience and can not see the primary screen)
   * a preview of the next slide or next effect
   * the notes of the current slide
   * the current time and/or the elapsed time
   * navigation buttons for going to the previous/next slide

--
Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Web: http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com

Mob: +44 (0)7738 789190
Tel: +44 (0)844 3576000

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55