[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu/Linux is still not an OS for the masses - discuss

Roy Jamison xteejyx at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:05:13 BST 2010

Equal support!??! You have GOT to be kidding me right?

When was the last time Microsoft had a bugtracker and actually had its
employees respond to a problem, let alone even acknowledge you?
Does MS have IRC channels? Direct support? No they bloody well don't!

The help is there for Ubuntu if you need it; Windows...you're on your
own.
Failing that you could always get an MCSE and then be classed as an
"expert of s@*t", and still not know how to network between Vista and 7
with it's cleverly designed HomeGroups that fail to connect to anything
other than 7...

Windows didn't even have a "reporting this problem to MS" feature until
Vista, and how do you know it's being looked at? Does it ever get fixed?
No. The suggestion is: upgrade or shut the hell up.

Windows fanboys flame me, linux fanboys pat me on the back ;) lol

I rest my case.