[ubuntu-uk] Final Upgrade to Lucid, not worked completely

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Mon May 3 11:58:06 BST 2010

On 03/05/10 11:43, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
> Having said all this, it might not be the wisest advice to give you. You
> can break things. But if it is broken then it probably doesn't matter so
> much. Obviously backup all your data before hacking away!

One other thing I should say is that so far I've upgraded 2 desktop PCs
and one laptop from Karmic to Lucid and the upgrade process worked fine.
I haven't experienced any problems with grub or config files myself.

My PCs generally have a separate /boot partition. Just out of habit I
tend to use /dev/sda1 for /boot and then have a couple of 10-15G
partitions for / and the rest of the drive (or another partition on a
different disk) for a common /home with a /swap at the end of the disk.

Al

--
The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com