[ubuntu-uk] Still having problems with recovery......

John Matthews jakewc2 at sky.com
Thu Jun 10 21:23:24 BST 2010

On 10/06/10 21:19, Alan Bell wrote:
> John Matthews wrote:
>
>> Yes, but unfortunately, that hasnt been a very good option for me
>> either. I prefer the e-mail to be honest.
>>
>> John
>>

> Email is good when you just want one answer to a question. If you want
> someone to help you do something then IRC is better. People don't reply
> to emails saying "I have no idea" because it isn't a particularly useful
> response and a few hours later someone else might read it who knows
> exactly what is going on.
> So your current situation is that you have a working Ubuntu
> installation, but if you hold shift to get to the grub menu there is
> some kind of issue with the recovery console. It isn't clear to me why
> you are attempting to go to the recovery console if the main desktop
> works. So far I think you have described the issue with the recovery
> console as a total freeze, with no additional information available upon
> which to base a diagnosis.
>
> Alan.

Unfortunately. that is all that happens, you click on the recovery link,
and it goes black, then it freezes, and you cant do anything at all
after. That goes for each kernel recovery link. Until that update a
couple of weeks ago it worked.

The reason I want it to work, is on a couple of occasions after updates,
I havent been able to get the desktop to load, and I have managed by
going into the recovery, to fix it. So being without it now, is a bit
useless really.

John

--
Ubuntu User #30817