[ubuntu-uk] Still having problems with recovery......

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Thu Jun 10 21:19:10 BST 2010

John Matthews wrote:
> Yes, but unfortunately, that hasnt been a very good option for me
> either. I prefer the e-mail to be honest.
>
> John

Email is good when you just want one answer to a question. If you want
someone to help you do something then IRC is better. People don't reply
to emails saying "I have no idea" because it isn't a particularly useful
response and a few hours later someone else might read it who knows
exactly what is going on.
So your current situation is that you have a working Ubuntu
installation, but if you hold shift to get to the grub menu there is
some kind of issue with the recovery console. It isn't clear to me why
you are attempting to go to the recovery console if the main desktop
works. So far I think you have described the issue with the recovery
console as a total freeze, with no additional information available upon
which to base a diagnosis.

Alan.