[ubuntu-uk] Still having problems with recovery......

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 08:03:30 BST 2010

On 10/06/2010 21:23, John Matthews wrote:
> Unfortunately. that is all that happens, you click on the recovery link,
> and it goes black, then it freezes, and you cant do anything at all
> after. That goes for each kernel recovery link. Until that update a
> couple of weeks ago it worked.
>
> The reason I want it to work, is on a couple of occasions after updates,
> I havent been able to get the desktop to load, and I have managed by
> going into the recovery, to fix it. So being without it now, is a bit
> useless really.
>
> John

To be honest I tend to not use the recovery mode myself, I find it
easier to boot off a live CD.  Sometimes if I'm really stuck and haven't
got the time to fix it I'll backup my home directory and reinstall from
scratch.  I know this probably isn't much help though.

Do you have a Linux User Group near by to you? (Sorry I wasn't sure
where you live).

It sounds like the sort of thing if someone in my local LUG was having
problems with that we'd probably suggest trying to make it to a LUG
meeting, or alternatively arrange for one or two of us to go over to help.

As far as not replying goes, I've not had much time lately to look at
the mailing list (or any of my personal e-mail) as I've been rushed off
my feet with work.  I do try and help if and when I can though (although
I'd hardly call myself an expert).

Rob