[ubuntu-uk] Cannot resize windows (U9.04)

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Fri Oct 30 23:45:15 GMT 2009

I tried the

"$ metacity --replace"

which produced some weird results at first, but resizing worked. But then I had to re-enable compiz, and now with compiz back, the resizing seems to work.

Thanks also for the tip on ALT-mouse scroll wheel to resize. A useful thing to remember if it fails again. Although Resize Window was selected in the Compiz Configuration Manager.

David King