[ubuntu-uk] Changing account names in Empathy (Karmic)

Stephen Garton sheepeatingtaz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 08:03:18 BST 2009

Hi There,

Tootling along nicely with the Karmic beta at the moment. I did a
completely fresh install to get the full experience, and am trying my
hardest to get used to using empathy instead of pidgin. Couple of
things that I can't seem to work out:

1) How do I change the name of accounts (they show at the moment as
New Jabber Account, or New Google Talk Account and it's winding me
up!)
2) How do I bring up my buddy list? Pidgin has a notification icon I
could click to bring it up, but empathy does not.

Thanks,

Steve Garton
http://www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk