[ubuntu-uk] Manchester Karmic (9.10) party

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 15:56:49 BST 2009

2009/10/15 Gordon Allott <gord.allott at canonical.com>:
> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 17:17 +0100, Lucy wrote:
>
>> I suggest that we go with the Pitcher and Piano, and start planning
>> publicity and things. Unless anyone has any objections?
>>
>> Jon, do you happen to know what their policy is on under-18s?
>>

> Pitcher and Piano sounds good to me :) In terms of publicity i suggest
> everyone start telling everyone else ;) whatever we did (i forget) for
> jaunty obviously worked so lets do that!

Great :)

I'm currently talking to Jon about confirming the venue. I intend to
get an announcement out this weekend and create a Facebook event, etc.
If other people could add the announcement to other sites and blog
about it that would be great.

The venue doesn't allow under-18s after 7pm, so I'm cc'ing Tim from
DFEY-NW to see if he wants to arrange something earlier for younger
people, if there's a demand.

Since it's a pub the start time doesn't matter as much as it did for
the BBC, but does 7pm sound okay or 6pm?

It would be really nice to have some posters and some buttons to put
on blogs to publicise the event. Can someone volunteer to come up with
something?

> we don't have all that much time to get people interested though =\
>
> I can bring a few usb thumb drives with as many variations of ubuntu on
> it, those things install real quick, also popey's local loco mirror
> worked a treat last time, very quick downloads so i'll get a few images
> on my laptop too

Great idea! Make sure you label the thumb drives so that you get them
back at the end of the evening. I'll probably bring along some old
fashioned CDs again.