[ubuntu-uk] Help needed with ssh

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:52:54 BST 2009

On 17/07/09 13:33, John Matthews wrote:
<snip />

>> This page (of the link I have referred you to on several occasions) will
>> explain all this far better than I can in a text-mode email.
>>
>> http://linuxcommand.org/lts0070.php
>>

> I got down to the permissions page, and it just looked like a lot of
> stuff, that made no sense at all.
>
> I am sorry that I have had to ask, I will try from now on to not bother
> you.
>
> Thank you again,
>
> John.

I wasn't trying to put you off! Sorry if I was unclear.

As I said, I thought that page explained it better than I could.
Especially as we only use plain text email, i.e no pictures, diagrams etc...

The list is here to help as someone else said. You never mentioned that
you had read (or tried to read) any of the materials we have pointed you to.

What do you find hard to understand regarding the permissions page?

Also, it might be better to start a new thread such as "help with
understanding permissions" or something like that.

That way it is easier to keep track of what a particular topic is about.
This one is not really much to do with ssh anymore.

Cheers

Al