[ubuntu-uk] Help needed with ssh

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:22:16 BST 2009

2009/7/17 John Matthews <jakewc2 at sky.com>:
> [snip]
> I got down to the permissions page, and it just looked like a lot of
> stuff, that made no sense at all.
>
> I am sorry that I have had to ask, I will try from now on to not bother
> you.

I hope you won't stop asking. Especially if you've read the contents
of a link and it didn't make sense.

I think the problem in this case was that it didn't sound like you'd
bothered to look, but were just asking to be spoon-fed. If you make an
effort (which I think you are), and make it clear that you are doing
so, everyone should be happy to keep helping, even if you ask "stupid"
questions - as a wise person once said "the only stupid question is
the one you don't ask".

HTH

Cofion/Regards,
Neil.