[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Server

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 3 22:12:22 BST 2009

Guys and Gals

Some help please.

Had planned this weekend to set up one of those nice little Viglen MPC's,
curtesey of the now Series 2 UK Podcast, to act as a File Server connected
to my home LAN with a couple of USB drives attached.  This is my first
attempt to get this type of setup working, and was going to go for the SAMBA
File Server and Print Server options as I have both Ubuntu and Windows
machines.

My problem is that my trusty USB CD Drive has disappeared into the back of
some cupboard or another and I can't find it.

Can, and if I can how do I, run the Server Live CD from a USB drive - pen or
HD?  I know that the Desktop comes with the option to put a copy on this
type of media , but can't find anything as to how to do it for the Server
Live CD.

Pointers please?

Ian