[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu broken, low graphics mode, no sound

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Wed Apr 1 23:11:19 BST 2009

Thanks, James.

I got some of the programs reinstalled, and my sound was okay after all.
And thankfully my screen res/nvidia drivers all seem to be behaving
themselves tonight.

I just hope that newbies to Linux do not experience this kind of problem
as it can be very offputting. Of course I experienced a lot of bad
things with Windows in the past, which is what drove me to Linux in the
first place.

I just hope that Ubuntu will behave itself now.

David King