[ubuntu-uk] Media Centre Functionality

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 28 20:27:39 GMT 2008

Folks

As the Audio Description service on digital TV seems to be becoming more
widespread on broadcasts these days, I was wondering if anyone knew of any
media centre application that dealt with AD.

So far everything I found seems to be around digiboxes and Sky boxes, but I
haven't as yet found any PC TV / Media cards that support this feature or
software that can deal with it .... unless of course you know something
different?

Cheers

Audio Description is where a visually impaired viewer gets extra audio
information to describe things like body language, movement of people etc
during a TV program.