[ubuntu-uk] [Fwd: Re: [OT] - MS XP Pro OEM CD - How?]

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Mon Feb 18 14:05:19 GMT 2008

Eddie Armstrong wrote:
> Well what started out as a simple request has turned into a lot of
> unpleasantness:

Hello, Eddie.

Having been brutalised once by Alan, I'll try to keep my reply short :-)

Please don't take these emails too seriously, because a forum like this
only exists so that we can help each other. Alan is right that me
telling you and Tom about how I got around similar problems to you is OT
as far as this forum is concerned.

In mitigation of my crime, I did tell you that I used "parted" to clone
a Windows ME partition as a way of reinstalling Windows (drat I've used
that work twice now!) legally on an other PC. Maybe we Ubuntniks need to
be a bit more flexible in out approach. You know, it's very handy to be
able to fix Windows(now I'm dead) problems using Ubuntu!

> I don't know how to make it any more obvious I was seeking a *legal*
> solution and hoped somebody here might have one. I've all ready agreed
> that what you say may be correct in essence not necessarily the detail
> but I really can't be bothered arguing it any more.

Hey don't give up on Ubuntu!

It's great, versatile and very useful for all sorts of things ;-)

Take care,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687