[ubuntu-uk] Broadband Advice

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 17:31:16 GMT 2008

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just moved to wales and because I didn't finish the 12 months
> contract on my broadband with Plus.net they're going to charge me the
> privilige of £145.00 to move my broadband even though I want to keep
> them as a supplier!!!
>
> AOL are currently offering a free dell 1520 laptop (now discontinued!)
> and my wife has suggested taking the broadband offer, selling the
> laptop and making some cash.
>
> I like the idea, however I cringe when I think about using AOL, does
> anyone have any advice?
>
> Cheers,
>
> M.

Speaking as an EX-AOL customer, I wouldn't do it.  When I had AOL is was
god damn awful, even worse when Talktalk took over.  I'd NEVER take out
anything more than a 3 month contract for any ISP now.

Personally I think you'd be better off looking at someone like UKFSN
(www.ukfsn.org).  They are resellers for Enta (I'm with another Enta
reseller - Vivaciti) prices are from about £16 a month but they have 30
day contracts and great support.

Rob