[ubuntu-uk] Newsletter: Request for submissions

Matthew Daubney daubers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 18:08:12 BST 2008

Hi all,

Having thought this over a bit now and spoken to people about it, I would
like to put out a request for submissions to the newsletter. The kind of
things we're after is short articles about any project you may be running,
if you've done something remarkable (charity walks, parachute jumps,
something that's changed your life), your opinions on more ubuntu-uk things
and such like.

I'd also accept requests for manpower, so you can advertise your project to
get people interested, or the opposite. If you're looking to get engaged in
an open source project we'll stick a little ad in to sell you too.

The first issues submission date will be the 1st of September. Please submit your content for that date and we'll attempt to
publish the week after. Being the first issue this may go horribly wrong,
and if so we'll fiddle around a bit for the second issue.

The issue will hopefully come out in 3 formats, a nice text email to the list, a pdf for anyone who wants it and an html webpage.

Submissions in openoffice format (ODF) or text format please, if you'd like
to include a small photo feel free to include that as well.

There is a launchpad team set up as well if any budding editors wish to sign up.
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-uk-news

This is the first little project I've run, so thanks to all who've helped so far and thanks to anyone who'd like to help too :-)

If you'd like to email your submissions to me for now, and I'll find a better solution for doing that as we go along.

-Matt Daubney

daubers at gmail dot com