[ubuntu-uk] Best ISP?

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:14:21 BST 2007

On 23/10/2007, Jai Harrison <jai at jaiharrison.com> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I figured this would be an interesting topic for people to discuss.
> We're all from the UK so it should work nicely. What is the best
> Internet Service Provider in your opinion and why? Please state
> whether it is ADSL or cable.

I definitely think this should become a page on the Wiki - perhaps as
part of a FAQ page?

I'm with Virgin, it's potentially a very fast connection, but like
other people I wouldn't recommend them. Customer service and billing
is appalling from what I've heard of other people's experiences. DNS
is very slow and the connection starts crawling in the evening (maybe
something to do with their throttling, but who knows).