[ubuntu-uk] Netgear Pci Adapter

davisjo davisjo at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 20 11:18:59 GMT 2007

Hi to the group,

                      I have written to the group a few times about the Netgear PCI adapter. I worked really hard to install this card with Ubuntu but to no avail. I researched forums, posted questions. I also did a clean install after mixing up the software. The only distro I found that worked with the card and was easy to configure was Mandriva. I am not really keen on Mandriva and went back to Ubuntu. I will use it without the internet.

Today I found a Wifi USB dongle lying in a draw and thought "why not plug it in" Ubuntu found it and configured it. In a matter of minutes I was on line  and sorting out the email and listening to the Archers.
With XP the connection was weak, now with the usb dongle signal strength is about 95%

I am going to download all the repositories later, can you tell I am pleased ?Happy days

John