[ubuntu-uk] Hulu?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Nov 20 10:32:23 GMT 2007

Hi Javad,

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 10:08 +0000, Javad Ayaz wrote:
> I just received an invite for Hulu. Wondering though.. will this work
> in gutsy?

Googling for "hulu linux" took 30 seconds to find out that Linux is
indeed claimed to be supported. It's a flash based thing.

If you then poke the site for another 30 seconds and discover the blog
you'll find an episode of The Simpsons which you can't watch because
"Unfortunately this video is not currently available in your country or
region. We apologize for this inconvenience".

So it looks like they have only licensed the content for certain
territories like North America right now.

> Doesnt Miro provide a better alterative to this?

Depends how you measure "better".

Cheers,
Al.