[ubuntu-uk] ENE Technology Inc SD/MMC Card Reader Controller

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 20:06:34 GMT 2007

Hi Jai,

On 03/11/2007, Jai Harrison <jai at jaiharrison.com> wrote:
>[snip]
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta/+bug/62995 says
> that a fix has been released for linux-source-2.6.20 (Ubuntu). I'm
> guessing this is the instructions further down the page on patching
> and recompiling kernel 2.6.20. Is this the case? If so do I need to
> use kernel 2.6.20 or the one that I'm currently using
> (2.6.22-14-generic) when patching and such.

If a patch is released stating a particular kernel version number, it
will almost definitely apply to the stated version (depends on vendor
patches, etc.).

It may well apply to a later version, but there are no guarantees,
since lines included in the patch may have changed between the kernel
versions. Sometimes it won't apply automatically, but if there aren't
too many changes in the patch you might be able to manually edit the
file to apply the changes.

Good luck!

Hwyl,
Neil.