[ubuntu-uk] ENE Technology Inc SD/MMC Card Reader Controller

Jai Harrison jai at jaiharrison.com
Sat Nov 3 13:23:12 GMT 2007

Hey guys (and girls),

I had a major problem with Feisty. My in-built SD reader was
unsupported. So I waited eagerly for Gutsy hoping that it would be
supported but to no avail.

lspci -v returns: http://pastebin.ubuntu-uk.org/479

I'm pretty sure it's the last one: ENE Technology Inc SD/MMC Card
Reader Controller (rev 01) so I searched for that in Google and found
that it used to work in the Linux kernel but has since been broken.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta/+bug/62995 says
that a fix has been released for linux-source-2.6.20 (Ubuntu). I'm
guessing this is the instructions further down the page on patching
and recompiling kernel 2.6.20. Is this the case? If so do I need to
use kernel 2.6.20 or the one that I'm currently using
(2.6.22-14-generic) when patching and such.

Jai