[ubuntu-uk] Shutting down Windows

Matthew Larsen mat.larsen at gmail.com
Mon May 28 13:33:11 BST 2007

> Welcome to the world of Ubuntu! It's a great place to be as is the
> University of Manchester!
>
> Regards,
> Tony.

Wow hello there! I whole-heartedly agree, but as a southerner I find
it a bit nippy up here. Beer is cheap though...

> It's basically SUDO... (but without having to type the password it),
> made out to be a brilliant MS invention...
> I can't find the it now, but there was a brilliant quote from a tech
> reporter saying something like "UAC is brilliant, it protects computers
> from viruses etc, it's so clever that I bet Linux wishes it had
> something like it".
>
> I laughed so hard I fell off my chair... :)
>
> Lee

Yeah it pretty much is sudo. My one and only experience of UAC was
when the Vista Beta 2 was out, I figured I might as well grab a 'free'
copy of windows while I can. After going through UAC 6 or so times to
delete an icon from the desktop I simply gave up on it.

Plus it didn't run CounterStrike! (which is a big no no)

--
Matthew G Larsen