[ubuntu-uk] bug report

London School of Puppetry lspinfo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:55:58 GMT 2007

On 05/03/07, James Tait <james.tait at wyrddreams.org> wrote:
> London School of Puppetry wrote:
> > I was updating my Ubuntu- and left it running and came back to find
> > that there was a bug report, and I had to forward it.  Where do I send
> > it?  Can anyone help?
>
> I don't have an instance of the window open to verify this, but if I
> remember correctly you should have two options -- "Send Report" and
> "Cancel".  If you click the former, a web page should open in your web
> browser of choice with, I think, a list of bugs filed in Launchpad
> against the application that crashed.  If none of the bug reports
> matches your own symptoms, you should file a new bug in Launchpad.
>
> The crash report window should also be replaced with a new window
> offering you the option to send the full report or an abbreviated one,
> with a pointer to the file containing the crash data (under /var/crash)
> and an option to view the contents of the file.  Whether you file a new
> bug report or append to an existing one, if you're able you should
> attach the crash report from /var/crash/... to the bug report to help
> the developers understand what went wrong and hopefully help prevent it
> from happening in the future.
>
> JT

Hi James,

The report said that they have no record of the kind of bug it is- so
to save it then forward it to someone......but I saved it, then the
info disappeared leaving me in the dark. I have another one of these
from 16th January. I thought there might be someone out there who
collects these things- so that I can send it on- you might have
realised that I am completely non-technical. How do I file in
Launchpad?

Caroline

---
London School of Puppetry