[ubuntu-uk] Integrated graphics cards with Ubuntu

James Dalley j.dalley at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 19:14:08 GMT 2007

RE: Screen going white after selecting boot option

I had a problem identical to this on an old machine I had with Ubuntu Dapper.
After selecting an option from the menu the screen went blank. It turns out that the loading screen
was being displayed at a different refresh rate or something that my monitor did
not support so selecting safe made no difference as it still shows the same boot progress screen.
It was still loading and if I waited a couple of mins the login screen would appear.
Was never able to solve the problem so had to put up with it, I think there is a way you can
switch off the boot splash..

Is there drive activity still when the screen goes white, if so wait a few mins and see if it still boots.

James D (ConvertOne)