[ubuntu-uk] Adept

Dean Sas dean at deansas.org
Wed Feb 21 13:36:40 GMT 2007

Keith Harris wrote:
> I've been trying to add other programs but when I try to use Adept it
> tells me it is being used by another program and to close that program
> down first. Can't find any other program being used. Can anyone help a
> novice please

It could be the software updater (not sure what it is called in kubuntu)
, apt-get or aptitude in the command line, gnome-app-install (add/remove
programs), update-manager or synaptic if you have those gnome programs
installed.

If you're sure you don't have any programs doing any kind of
installation/updating (maybe by rebooting just to be sure, or scanning
through the output of "ps -aux | less" and killing relevent programs)
you can remove the lock by running "rm /var/cache/apt/archives/lock" in
the terminal.

dsas