[ubuntu-uk] stop frame animation

Stephen Garton sheepeatingtaz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 07:34:35 GMT 2007

London School of Puppetry wrote:
> Is there an OS programme that can be used to animate still images-
> something similar to Flash? - I have been asked by a local secondary
> school.  They have one computer with Linux installed.  Caroline lsp

I've just been playing with "add/remove..." in the applications menu,
and noticed there is one called "Stopmotion" and has the following
You can create stop-motion animations with images grabbed from your
favourite video device. You just sets stopmotion to use a grabber
program which works with your device. It is also possible to do the same
with video export; just plug in an encoder capable of doing video export
from couple of images.
Stopmotion has a set of tools which helps you creating the movements
smooth and precise.
Version: 0.5.5-1 (stopmotion)"

I've not used it myself, having used the Gimp also, but this program
sounds like it may be up for more "profesionnal"

Oh, and searching packages.ubuntu.com shows that it is at version 0.5.3
in edgy (I'm testing Feisty at the moment).

Hope This Helps

Steve Garton
www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk