[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Scribes - First Meeting Tonight!

Mon Feb 5 13:36:40 GMT 2007

Hi,
As many of you are aware most Ubuntu related meetings occur online in
IRC chat channels for which plenty has already been done to help people
find and become involved. These meetings are going on all the time all
over the world and generate an awful lot of documentation, discussion,
ideas and plans. This information tends to be collated and distributed
in a fairly widespread and random fashion.

Following on from the value which I feel we have gained in structuring
the meetings I felt it would be useful to share that experience and
start to help standardise the information and results which arise from
those discussions. To this end AusImage and myself, with the prompting
of NikButler(Loudmouthman on irc )  have created the Ubuntu Scribes
Team. Our goal is to encourage other teams even unto the Community
Council to develop and use the Mootbot and meeting structure to help
with the process of documenting and recording meetings. Your thoughts,
views and feelings for tonights first meeting of the Scribes team would
be invaluable and I hope you can attend. The meeting will be in
#ubuntu-scribes on irc.frenode.net at 8pm GMT. For more information read
the following links and help set this idea moving forward in the community.

UbuntuScribes wiki page: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScribesTeam
Agenda for the meeting:
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScribesTeam/MeetingNotes/20070205Meeting

Regards