[ubuntu-uk] Could Linux (and Ubuntu) do more to encourage students?

David Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 20:30:40 GMT 2007

Simple answer yes!

More complex response I don't think the same kinda thing that is being
offered by your uni will be practical as it takes money away from the
projects.  However they can continue in the fashion they currently are
and win over one school/college/uni at a time.  This is a much longer
process but as more reports get out of schools... saving money,
utilising existing hardware etc get out then it is like the snowball
effect it'll build quickly.

When that occurs then I could see them taking the time to get stuff
back out of the education dept. Besides if the schools get the kids
hooked on linux then the chances are that the kids may contribute
anyway.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know