[ubuntu-uk] UKTeam Meetings Minutes

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 31 05:07:38 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 16:40 +0000, Francis Giannaros wrote:
> On Monday 30 October 2006 14:29, Jono Bacon wrote:
> > Can I recommend fortnightly meetings during the day on IRC. We will
> > never please everyone, but many of the core contributors see to be on
> > during the day. Naturally this will lock some people out, so do speak up
> > if you can't make it.
>
> Seems to me that most people will be working during the day, while I presume
> everyone has Internet access available at home in the evening. I didn't
> manage to attend the last meeting, but I'd be interested in attending the
> next one.

I'd suggest that evenings would enable a much larger turnout. I imagine
the number of people who have irc at work (and can use it for ubuntu)
must be fairly small.

However I personally am unlikely to attend either. I think I'd rather
concentrate on the Ubuntu QA and art work I'm doing currently, and my
local LUG. I think that would be a more productive use of my time and
would have greater effect.

I don't think Ubuntu UK should have extending Jono's software as one of
its goals - it just looks kinda strange.

One thing I am interested in is working on our language support -
although that doesn't have to be a specific Ubuntu thing and may work
better as "Open Source - in your language" including projects like the
welsh and bengali wikipedias.

Caroline