[ubuntu-uk] UKTeam Meetings Minutes

Nik Butler nik at butlershouse.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 07:09:35 GMT 2006

> I don't think Ubuntu UK should have extending Jono's software as one of
> its goals - it just looks kinda strange.

Yeah , I figured that after I had posted about it, I should have restate
the conversation better because it does look like a jono spec. The
conversation came about from a number of Members who were looking for
ways to aid new users with some common tasks. We discussed screencasts
and demo videos and the conversation as you can see from those
interested was more about what exists , how well does it work , what
will be needed to make it better and what do we do . It was Jono who
added a clear spec of what should be achieved and what we might expect
the process to do. I guess its the clarity of the specification that
enabled the idea to Gel quickly. I nominaly wanted to call it Vodka (
dont ask ! ) but I was thinking about where JoKosher could fit in and
wrote Vodkosher . So I guess I will take the blame for the pushing this
project along. I can see Mr Morley has already begun the process of
sampling what can and cant be done in hi Gaim Demo.

Nik