[ubuntu-uk] Some PC builder advice please

Neil Winters n.winters at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 30 20:13:48 GMT 2006

Hi, I haven't posted here before although I've been using Linux since
2000 and Ubuntu for about a year. To be honest my question isn't
directly related to Ubuntu but I'm hoping someone will help.

I'm looking to replace the PC my kids use this Christmas with
something suitable to play their 3D games (albeit on Windows). I've
seen a machine advertised on the Mesh site with Intel Duo 2 Core, 1Gb
Ram, 250Gb HDD, 19" widescreen TFT, 512Mb GPU etc etc. I see it as a
good buy at £699 but I haven't heard much about Mesh before and so
was looking for some feedback.

If anyone has good or bad comments to make on Mesh I'll be glad to
hear them. Indeed, any alternative suppliers would be welcome too.

Of course, it goes without saying I'll have Ubuntu on ASAP, just need
to get the holidays over first.

Many thanks,

Neil