[ubuntu-uk] Some PC builder advice please

Matthew Saunders me3ohm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 21:04:40 GMT 2006

On 30/10/06, Neil Winters <n.winters at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I've seen a machine advertised on the Mesh site with Intel Duo 2 Core, 1Gb
> Ram, 250Gb HDD, 19" widescreen TFT, 512Mb GPU etc etc. I see it as a
> good buy at £699 but I haven't heard much about Mesh before and so
> was looking for some feedback.

Mesh is a name that has been around for years, whether they are the
same company still, or another someone else trading as mesh - I am not
sure.  They always had a good name.  The spec sounds good, so as long
as they are around for the life of the warranty - it should be okay.
The unknown factor is the quality of their support, and they can't be
any worse than Dell(?), but you won't know how good they fix problems
until they have your money.

How about googling "mesh problem" for example and see what hits you
get back and checking out Computer Shopper and the similar Mags.  They
are normally quite honest about suppliers.

Matthew