[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu UK Team Approval.

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sun Oct 29 09:44:35 GMT 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 09:10:02AM +0000, Tony Arnold wrote:

> My own LUG is very active and doesn't need any invigoration, but they
> would welcome Ubuntu related activities at some of their meetings. I'm
> sure there are members there who would reciprocate and help out with
> Ubuntu-UK activities. A straw pole at a recent meeting showed about two
> thirds of the members used Ubuntu. There were about 30 people there.

What if the word "invigorate" was replaced by "help"? Would you say your LUG
needs no help? Are there any activities that you would like to have done but
couldn't due to lack of resources/time/other?

Whilst I can appreciate that some LUGs are indeed quite active I'm certain
that there is more they could do. Be that better advertising/marketing, more
meetings, different meetings or whatever really. (don't take this the wrong
way) I don't think any LUG is perfect.

> I guess what we need to do is to turn these ideas into concrete
> activities, but maybe that will become clearer when know just what
> Ubuntu-UK is going to be doing over the next 12 months or so.

Totally.

Cheers,
Al.