[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu UK Team Approval.

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 29 04:17:45 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 22:49 +0100, Nicholas Butler wrote:
> > In return the LUGs (or at least I'm going from my experience with
> > MANLUG) would love to see Ubuntu oriented material flowing their way in
> > the form of speakers at meetings etc.
> >
> Thats BANG ON what I felt any Distro Community group should be doing for
> a LUG. It seems a natrual extension of the already defined affiliations
> and commitments within a LUG that enable it to ensure that
> representatives from every Distro can speak to the group. Which leads me
> to feeling that as each Distro builds its own potential User community
> then the LUG community needs to appoint its own
> spokesman/chairman/president to do this, but thats a conversation for
> another Maillist perhaps.

In my mind, I believe LUGs offer a strong structure for general Linux
discussion, support and community growth, but Ubuntu UK is here to help
advocate and grow the Ubuntu community. So, LUGs are great for growing
the free software community, but LoCo teams can help specifically
promote Ubuntu, and work alongside LUGs to help grow free software *and*
Ubuntu.

We are not intending to impose ourselves on LUGs or in anyway replace
LUGs, just to have symbiotic relationship in which we are good at Ubuntu
things and LUGs are good at general free software things.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager