[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu UK Logo

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 18 13:33:50 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 12:43 +0100, Caroline Ford wrote:

> I'd really say DON'T do that - especially if we want to deal with the
> public sector (I've been a local government officer before currently
> retraining in IT), and especially for any colleagues in Northern
> Ireland..
>
> We want nice and neutral - no unintended political messages :)

I strongly disagree - this is Ubuntu UK, and our flag is our identity. I
don't think we should not use it just because of political correctness
nutters and their views (not including Caroline as such a nutter
here :D). We are a UK team, so why not use the internationally
recognised UK flag?

Oh, and as for public sector impact - I have *never* seen any issues
with the flag with my work in the public sector.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager