[ubuntu-uk] Acer Laptop Keyboard Config

David Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 08:32:41 BST 2006

> I've just noticed that on my Acer Aspire 5601 laptop the £ (as in
> shift and 3) and capslocks keys do not 'work' in Edgy.
>
> Can anyone suggest a) any work around and b) which package I could
> file a bug against.

Try changing your keyboard layout in system/preferences/keyboard

does number 3 work if it does then there is no reason why shift 3 shouldn't.

if your running edgy from live cd one of the faults is that it is
stuck in US keyboard mode.

Not sure about cap lock though, Sorry.

Something else you could try for the whole caps lock thing is to press
it on the log in page you should get a message above where you input
your name and password that says Caps Lock Is On in red should let you
know if it is working.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know