[ubuntu-uk] Acer Laptop Keyboard Config

Stephen Garton sheepeatingtaz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 08:37:20 BST 2006

On 09/10/06, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try changing your keyboard layout in system/preferences/keyboard

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have tried this, but will give
it another go.

> does number 3 work if it does then there is no reason why shift 3 shouldn't.

Yes, the number 3 does work. The other interesting thing is if I run
onScreen, when the visual shift key is pressed, the other numbers all
change to theire respective characters, but not the 3. It is almost as
if the £ sign is not bound to the number 3.

> if your running edgy from live cd one of the faults is that it is
> stuck in US keyboard mode.

It was a dist-upgrade form Dapper.

> Not sure about cap lock though, Sorry.
>
> Something else you could try for the whole caps lock thing is to press
> it on the log in page you should get a message above where you input
> your name and password that says Caps Lock Is On in red should let you
> know if it is working.

It doesn't do anything, on the login screen or from within gnome.

--
Steve Garton
http://www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk