[ubuntu-uk] New Member with Problem

john levin john at technolalia.org
Fri Mar 3 11:02:11 GMT 2006

Hi Arthur,

Arthur Solman wrote:
> Hi to All,
>                I have recently installed Ubuntu Breezy Badger on my
> desktop PC.    I am new to Linux and have encountered problems with the
> installation and have become overwhelmed by the plethora of information
> on the web in trying to find solutions.    Everything I have tried so
> far has not solved the problem.    I live in France, but return home to
> UK twice a year and would like to hear about any meetings/seminars in
> April.    We stay in East Kent, so if there are any interest groups in
> that area, I would be most interested to hear from them.    Many thanks
> in advance,

You can try contacting Kent Linux Users Group:
http://www.ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk/klug/
for events in that area, and that all-important face-to-face stuff.

In the meanwhile, you can ask questions on email, either here or on the
ubuntu users list (https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users)
!!Warning!! very high traffic.
Remember to specify what hardware you are using, be as precise as
possible, and give any error messages you're getting.

Hope that helps

John