[ubuntu-uk] Cannot log into the root account

Shelley & Oren tsur at tsurfamily.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 16:56:45 CDT 2005

Hi all

Me again.the NBR (noob beyond repair..)

Have installed my Ubantu.  Seem straight forward enough.

One thing though. I do not believe that anywhere along the installation, I
was prompted to set a password for the root account.

I was prompted to set up a user account and a password for it, which I did.

Now I cannot log in as root so I am a bit stuck.

Does this mean I need to start a new installation?

I obviously cannot make any administrative changes so my account is a s good
as a goldfish on a football pitch..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Oren