Tz ubuntu community - Website

Max E.K max at kimambo.co.tz
Fri Dec 7 14:41:40 GMT 2007

Hi Peter,

The plan is great, but just one suggestion before we approach everyone
why don't we put the site online, this way it will look that we are
serious and know what we are doing.

I am talking about the community website, which advocates ubuntulogy (if
i may use that expression).

So in my view the plan of action should be as follows:

1:Secure sponsored hosting 500MB  from ubuntu.com , i wonder if you
could do this as you are the founder of the community.
   1.1 create a local domain forwarder ubuntu.co.tz -> domain name given
by ubuntu.com or something like that - I will arrange this upon your
approval with Bill Sangiwa.

2: Jointly develop content and articles on ubuntology.
3: -> proceed with the plan you outlined below. approach ISP's and BoL,
various newspapers to post ads about the newly formed community. this
way we will have some base and would be easier to approach the
government people, too much bureaucracy in the govt, especially they
will think we are trying to make some money out of this so naturally
there will be resistance.

4: Try to go do some sort of a launch once we have like 1000 members or so.

I would gladly make a custom template and put the site together in
Joomla, yes it has the pdf export function and we can put up integrated
forum as well.

Sorry i am in a rush right now, thats why such short writing.

Do let me know what you think.

regards Max.

P.S I am based in Mbeya working for clinical research site which was
founded by Tropical Institute of Muenchen. (www.mmrp.org)

What about you?