Call for testing of the language pack candidates. 2nd Natty language pack update (Deadline June 15th)

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 16 11:17:59 UTC 2011

El dj 16 de 06 de 2011 a les 12:05 +0200, en/na Hendrik Knackstedt va
escriure:
> Hi!
>
> Thank you David. I could get the problem solved there and now I'm able
> to log in again.

Excellent!

A quick note: first of all, thanks to everyone for your help with
testing, this has been really useful feedback and will enable us to ship
the new language packs with confidence that they will not introduce
regressions.

As these language packs depend on the Firefox upload, after having
talked to Chris Coulson, the Firefox maintainer, he tells me that they
will need to be uploaded on the 21st of June, which is when the Firefox
5 release is planned. This is a tentative date from Mozilla, so it might
slip for a few days depending on what their final decision for a release
date is.

This also means that we'll have some extra time for testing the language
packs, so if you see anything unusual with them, do report it. Also,
it'd be good to have feedback for some of the most popular languages of
our user base, which are still missing from
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/LanguagePackUpdatesQA: e.g.
Simplified Chinese, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, etc.

So if anyone from these teams could test the language packs and provide
feedback, that'd be awesome.

Thanks!